Binary is a base 2 number system invented by Gottfried Leibniz where numeric values are represented by different combinations of 0 and 1, also known as OFF or ON.
Why do computers use binary?
- Binary is still the primary language for computers because of the following reasons.
- It is a simple and elegant design.
- Binary’s 0 and 1 method is efficient at detecting an electrical signal’s off or on state.
- The positive and negative poles magnetic media is quickly translated into binary.
- Binary is the most efficient way to control logic circuits.